Saturday 21 August 2010

Raptor Fest

With the baby in tow headed to the local ponds 8am I will be a patch watcher soon. Tittersworth was pretty devoid of bird life bar a few Heron, Teal & Lapwing. Rudyard was a little better with Green Sandpiper and Greenshank highlighting. It was over the boarder then to Frodsham a place i have loved since a kid not sure why it certainly isn't the scenery but I never leave there being disappointed. Weaver bend held Shelduck Redshank, Dunlin, Black Tailed Godwit, Green Sandpiper & Ruff. A few Warblers were around Sedge, Reed, Willow, Chiffchaff & Whitethroat all around the main car park. Raptors put on a great show a male Sparrow hawk took a goldfinch infront of me 3 Peregrines preformed mock battles just overhead and probably the cream on the cake were 2 Marsh Harriers which I watched for 20 minutes before my lad started crying. Loads of Buzzards and Kestrels whilst driving around the marsh. I may go back next week alone and spend the day there so i can do a little more searching

No comments:

Post a Comment