Saturday 30 October 2010

Gunn Hill, River Dane & Sandbach

I had a dawn walk around Gunn Hill this morning as i was getting 4 wall syndrome at home. Not a great deal about 2 Ravens, 40c Long Tailed Tits, Treecreeper, 5 Red grouse, 3 Gold Crest with the Tit flocks. I got back to take the little chap out birding he has been desperate see a Kingfisher so I went a Local haunt for them on the Dane. Half an hour had passed with only quick glance of 1 by myself the lad wanted move on so decided head to Sandbach where there would be plenty look at. Large flocks of Lapwings mixed in with the Teal & Wigeon the only other waders to note were a Ruff and Snipe. The Gull flock is building up in numbers now so I may head there soon for a better scan when I don't have company. Off now to watch Biddulph Vics kick some butt although they have never been the same since my retirement lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment