Friday 30 March 2012

Seeing Red







I had a few hours to kill birding today and hours well spent. Rudyard still held 4 Wigeon but had 2 new arrivals in the shape of LRPs. I bypassed Tittersworth today as I may venture there tomorrow. N Staffs moors were most enjoyable, twenty minutes with the Peregrines to start off with then again looking for Stonechats, 3 were pretty close togeather 2 females & a male. A close encounter with a Red Kite was the highligh, at times only 30 yards away & by the time I decided try digiscope it was up and away I did mangae some sort of pic. Not long after c25 Golden plover circles around a few times before dropping near Flash but I couldnt locate them. A couple of  Wheatears were on show today as were many of the moors regulars. Failed to find a Ring Ouzel but im not giving up yet.



No comments:

Post a Comment