Saturday 22 March 2014

Moors & Derbyshire











Again I was at Tittersworth for dawn nothing had changed since my last visit except an extra Chiffchaff. It looked clear up the moors so headed there. A Peregrine was at the nest site but was flushed by a photographer above the nest. Hopefuly Staffs Wildlife have put signs up above the nest and this bloke just ignored them. Plenty of Red Grouse about and 3 Stonechats behind the Roaches were the first id seen up there this year. I was looking for Wheataears but drew a blank, Im not surprised in driving snow. 4 Snipe were at a previous nest site as were 2 pairs of  Lapwing. Other birds to note were Sparrow Hawk, Raven, Buzard, Canada Goose ect.
  I looked clear and bright in Derbyshire so a 30 minute drive and I was at Goshawk spot. Plenty of Buzzards a Sparrowhawk and a couple of Kestrels soared around but I had to wait an hour and a half for a Gos to get up. A big female made its way to me whilst gaining hight, 3 minutes and she was gone out of site. It was certainly worth the wait and the best views Ive had for sometime. Nothing had changed on the North Staffs moors so I headed Bills to see how he was doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment