Saturday 26 April 2014

Tittesworth

 
                                                                                                 
A pretty good mornings birding at Tittesworth today. LRPs were around when I arrived as was Common Sandpiper. The feeders were attracting common birds with the best being Reedbunting, Lesser Redpoll and Willow Tit. A break in the weather I headed up the moors but had to return due to low cloud. A call from Steve had me scrambling to point where 2 Arctic Terns and a Adult summer Little Gull were, unfortunately they didn't hang around and soon went out of view.
  The cloud cover disappeared so I headed back up the moors. A Cuckoo was calling at Swallow Moss but it was too deep in the wood to locate. Plenty of Wheatears, Skylarks and Mipits around. A quick call back at reservoir had me Lesser Scaup and a pair of Shovelers. My little sortes up the moors cost me 2 Whimbrel today.

No comments:

Post a Comment