Thursday 9 April 2015

Conwy


Another family holiday to Conwy saw my optics packed in case I could wrestle a few hours out birding. I did, my first outing was a dawn visit to the Great Orm a place I really enjoy birding. A couple of first for the year showed themselves well with plenty of white assed Wheatear's knocking around the limestone pavement area. A fly by of half a dozen Sand Martins as they made there way north. Linnets, Peregrine, Stonechat, Chough were among other birds seen. 
A visit to Pensarn secured the long staying Iceland Gull but with the amount of people about it never landed. RSPB Conwy was poor but my niece wanted to go so I did my bit to get youngsters involved. Further into the hills produced a few great looking kites. Plenty of Chiffchaff's about and I heard my first Willow Warbler of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment