Friday 30 April 2010

30 April Wesport,Rudyard,Moors


I gave the Mrs a break and baby sat all day I decided little one needed some fresh air that's my story anyway. I arrived Westport around dinner nothing out of the ordinary there the male Shoveler was in the nature reserve as was Willow Tit, Long Tailed Tit, Bullfinch and Chiffchaff. Decided have a wonder to the old sewage works its very scrubby now ideal for warblers. Blackcaps Chiffchaffs and Whitethroats were plentiful With a couple of Willow Warbler knocking around. At the main lake watched a Great Crested Grebe tackle a decent Perch. I shot over to Rudyard hoping for a bit of mud showing but it was well up. Loads of Martins and Swallows about during the rain. Finaly onto N Staffs moors for pracy run before tomorrows bird race. Short eared Owl toward Gradbach and Red Grouse along top road. No Wheatears and i kept an eye out for Dotteral as it was mentioned to me its a good time for a Staffs Dotty

No comments:

Post a Comment