Saturday 11 June 2011

Typical June

I had a call saying do I fancy going for the Mega White Throated Robin today I thought it was a lot of time in the car and not a lot of birding so opted to stay more local. Wise move as the blighter is still missing as I write. I popped off Tittersworth before I picked up Bill again very quiet best of the bunch were Goosander, LRPs, Sedge Warbler & Common Sandpiper. A single scruffy LBB Gull was striking fear into all the young & me, nasty looking bugger. After that it was Frodsham bound & my first visit for some time. Weaver bent produced 2 Avocets, Ringed Plovers, Redshank and commoner duck Pochard possible the least expected. Six tank was very similar in regards to species, the only extra was a Shoveler. Now being pretty close to Inner Marsh Farm and a few hours to kill we decided pay the reserve a visit. Pectoral Sandpiper ha been there but had been missing for a couple of days 3 counting today. All the regulars there a good count of Black Tailed Godwits the odd Dunlin & Redshank thrown in for good measure. A good count of Little Egrets nesting on the reserve and pretty showy to when feeding. Many common Warblers about plus both Sand and House Martins hawking over the water. Nice to get out but not a lot to write about in regards birding highlights

No comments:

Post a Comment