Saturday 12 May 2012

Chelford & Sandbach




I'm pretty much Staffed out this week so I headed north 2 miles into Cheshire. Chelford was first on the list as yesterday I took a lunch time visit. It produced 5 Ringed Plover 7 Dunlin on one pit plus a LRP & 3 Dunlin on Lapwing Pool. I birded around this area as a kid but it is much harder view some of the lakes as the trees have grown up too. It reminds me a little of Branston Gravel pits without the birds. Todays visit didnt produce like yesterday Little Grebe, Tufteds, & Shelduck were the main duck species. Waders were thin on the ground Oystercatcher & Lapwing the only ones around. Reed Warbler rambled on but never came into view. Sandbach Flashes wasnt a lot better a few common warblers, duck & waders. Three Pochard was a bit of a surprise  obviously making the most of our stunning spring. Astbury mere was a little busy by the time I arrived at 9am so nothing along the shoreline.

No comments:

Post a Comment