Saturday 19 May 2012

Tittersworth & Frodsham













A 5.30 dawn attack on Tittersworth produced the usual crew LRP, Oystercatcher, Cormorant, ect. Rain was not what was ordered neither was the low mist plus rain on the moors. Looking out over Cheshire it looked brighter so I was off to Frodsham. This time with a difference I had a mountain bike in the back bare in mind its 20 years since I have relied on peddle power. After parking the van up I headed to the farm Linnets, Oystercatcher, Wheatears & Goldfinches the main stay of bird. The ride to and around 6 tank was better. Boat loads of warblers showing Reed, Sedge, Blackcap & Whitethroat to name a few. Birds of prey were thin on the ground Buzzard, Sparrow Hawk, Kestrel & feet away flyby by a Hobby. A lone Black T Godwit remained after an influx in the week. Avocet, Ringed Plover and Lapwings near the Northern end of the tank. Duck species were still well represented Wigeon, Pochard, Shoveler, Gadwall Shelduck, Tufteds & Mallards. It was back to the van for a brew and butty before I was off again around the area. Nothing outstanding around but a clocked up a good list. Last was a drive around too ICI tank, my now jelly legs needed a break. Little Grebe & Dunlin were additions to the days birding.  Its always a pleasure to bird Frodsham I suppose its where I began birding too many moons ago

No comments:

Post a Comment