Wednesday 25 March 2015

Your having a laugh




  Ive managed a bit of birding the last few days. Saturday I was up at dawn hoping get to Tittesworth but fog put pay to that. With the Smew still knocking around forest park I decided go have a peek at him, hopefully a little closer than my Westport views. It was know where to be seen despite checking a few other local spots. I did manage my see my first Chiffchaff of the spring.
  Monday I headed for a Lifer, the Laughing Gull was still present at New Brighton after some time. I should of headed The Wirral before now (very poor twitching) Within Minutes of arriving it was showing well on the pontoon with Redshank, Turnstones, Dunlin and Purple Sandpipers. It was looking well considering when it arrived it apparently wasn't in good shape. A quick drive down to Leasowe Lighthouse didn't produce much but plenty of scoters were out at sea.

No comments:

Post a Comment