Sunday 25 April 2010

22-24 April Carsington Water


Yet another weekend break was upon me this time we opted for the Derbyshire dales. 22nd I was woken up at dawn so i decided take a trip to Carsington Water to see if i could locate the Great Northern Diver that was approaching summer plumage. I arrived before the gates were even open so flew down to the dam. No sign of diver off there although good views of Common Sandpiper and plenty of commoner species. When the gates finally opened I headed onto the island where the Diver was showing well, camera out doh! no battery but managed one cracking shot as it dived. A few Redshank,Little Ringed Plover 7 Lapwing near the hide. Also 3 feral Barnacles i would say. Around the campsite Buzzard, Sparrow Hawk & Kestrel common. I managed cracking views of Lesser White Throat on the Tissington trail too

No comments:

Post a Comment