Tuesday 29 April 2014

Feels like Summer



                                                                                                           
I manged get out to Tittesworth and the moors for a few hours. Tittesworths Common Terns are back but the water is still too high for any chance of breeding on the island. the floating island is occupied by a Canada Goose, hopefully moved off as I write. The Moors had a summer feel to them today, 2 Grasshopper Warblers reeled away off Stoneyfold lane and Tree Pipit sang it heart out at Swallow Moss. Willow Warblers seemed to inhabit every bush up there also of note was 2 Whitethroats and the same number Redpolls.  A few Wheataers were around. I bumped into Pete who had seen Hobby heading in a Derbyshire direction. I pulled into Boars Grove in the hope one would show. It didnt so I moved off in the direction of Middle Hills.  One flew low over the road and spent a few minutes at the spot I just left typical. Great to watch even from distance.




No comments:

Post a Comment