Sunday 26 October 2014

North Staffs

Today I had a little more time, I began my morning walking Gun Hill there wasn't a great deal about a Tree Creeper was following the tit flock around and a couple of Red Grouse flew low towards the wood. On the way back I nearly stood on a Jack Snipe along the path after a couple of attempts at a pic and flushing it a couple of times I gave up when it dropped in marshy ground.
  Tittesworth had a few more ducks than my last visit but nothing to shout about 19 Wigeon wasn't a bad count for there.
  The moors were dead except for a few Starling flocks flying through plus Buzzards, Kestrels and corvids.
  Finally Rudyard before home. Lapwing number reached 139 a few Teal and a couple of Wigeon were around the shallows. A good scan through the gulls produced diddly squat. 7 Lesser b b Gulls kept the black heads company.


No comments:

Post a Comment