Saturday 14 January 2012

A local bash


A grand morning to be out today. I had company in the morning with the eldest wanted do a little birding with dad. So its was a Dipper hunt first ( his choice ) and we didn't have to wait long for one come zooming up the stream and settle a few minutes. Tittersworth was looking great bird wise not so good but we managed get him Snipe, Heron, various duck and finches for his day list. Again he wanted visit Manifold Valley I didn't argue as I never tier of seeing Marsh Tits at close quarters. With lad dropped off I headed to Sandbach Flashes hoping one of the two Iceland Gulls would show that have been knocking around for a few days & the off chance the Glossy Ibis may roost. The latter I failed on as I gave it long enough to see the bird without it just being a silhouette. Other birds to note were Pintail, Shoveler, Teal, Wigeon, Shelduck and of course a juv Iceland gull





No comments:

Post a Comment