Thursday 13 December 2012

Sea watching inland






 A Scaup had been present for quite some days 3 miles over the boarder from my house. Bitterly cold meant no work for myself so instead of sulking about the lack of pennies coming in I decided go for scan for him. Luckily it was pretty close inshore with a mixed flock of Tufties and Pochard. Most of the time it was drifting around with it head tucked away. Still with a few hours to kill I headed to Tittersworth with a load of seed. Whilst sat in the comfort of my van watching the Table get emptied I heard a large flock of Geese what I presumed were Pink Feets but couldnt find them. They were Pink feets Steve had them I think at the other end of the reservoir, so I dipped 400 geese all calling. The Great Northern diver was again to the left of the Outdoor centre and plenty of Wigeon were around too. No Brambles today around the tables and the conservation pool now solid. Other Birds to note were Teal, Mandarin 9 Goosanders but viewing was difficult with the sun, Fieldfare & Redwings.

No comments:

Post a Comment